A practical guide to successful board fundraising
Does your board get big gifts?
Probably not. Most board members hate to ask and their nonprofits suffer.
That’s why I developed The Golden Ask–my proven method for engaging volunteers in inspired and authentic fundraising. Discover how to play to your board’s strengths. Learn simple, effective strategies through engaging stories that will remind them of key points for years to come. Soon they’ll thrill to hearing “Yes!” when they ask for a gift.
The Golden Ask
How it works
The Golden Ask shifts the fundraising paradigm. It begins by thanking, not asking.
Each of its 5 steps is grounded in a core principle. Each principle calls up a noble attribute, empathy creativity, tenderness, curiosity. It casts each board member in the fundraising role at which they’ll excel. The more they succeed, the happier they are, and the better they become at asking…and receiving!
We get results
Studies show 100% of Golden Ask-trained boards are more willing to fundraise.
They are 67% more confident, one board almost doubled the number willing to solicit $1,000+ gifts and another found a 75% increase in those who could identify 25+ prospective donors to their cause.
The Golden Ask is
- Clear – its principles are easy to remember
- Fast – training takes 3 hours or less
- Concrete – you’ll learn 10 things you can do, right now, for free, to raise more money
Each participant receives
- Pre-training benchmarking
- Asking style profile, including strengths, weaknesses and the best prospects to ask
- Interactive training session
- Help developing a personalized “elevator speech”
- Techniques for getting in the right mindset to ask
- Individual practice making The Golden Ask
- Sample asking script and support materials
- Post-training impact assessment
How much does a Golden Ask Training Cost?
$3,500 for up to 20 participants